Monday, December 29, 2008

Ladder of Divine Ascent


Well, guess what I got for a Christmas present from a good friend of mine out here in Wisconsin? Yes folks, I got the wonderful book which I have only been referenced to, never read and only found tidbits of wisdom from since my adventure into Christianity itself! I was given a copy of The Ladder of Divine Ascent by St. John Climacus. I plan on getting deep down into it this week while I finish off the current book I have ben pounding away at which is On the Dormition by several different authors throughout history who wrote regarding the Theotokos and her last days on earth. Yes, its one of those Mary books but for some reason I have yet to find anything which tells me to worship her. Go figure. Well, anyways once I finish that book I will jump right into Ascetic ideals and enjoy a book I have wanted to get my hands onto just as badly as The Philokalia, so may the Lord give me wisdom to understand the basics of reading text: History, Context and Genre.

I pray for His insight and His hands on whatever I give to my mind and soul. Help me O Lord to attain true wisdom from You and to become more like Your Son as I grow older in my years. Amen.

3 comments:

Jason_73 said...

Hey Old friend.

I am making some blogging changes. I will get you the new info in the next day or so.

Hope you are well. I've tried to call your number that I had 3-4 different times over the last month to no avail.

Get on Facebook! Would love to connect with you via that resource!

Talk to you soon!

Jason

Chaz said...

Excellent. I hope to see what you have in store for us all...

Cheers mi amigo,
Chaz

Nyssa The Hobbit said...

I'm so glad you love your present. :)